You may need Virginia Department of Health Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) required ALS certifications and continuing education. Class length and size is set by subject requirements, so may be limited. They can provide instruction on these American Heart Association (AHA) subjects:
· Healthcare Provider BLS – CPR & AED
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support Experienced Provider (ACLS EP)
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
· Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition Stabilization (PEARS)
SLTS has Affiliate Faculty for monitoring instructors and setting up NAEMT training sites. A few of these courses:
· Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
· Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
· Geriatric Education for EMS (GEMS)
AHA HeartCode is also available –a way to learn CPR in a two-part course. Students purchase the class from AHA, provided on-line. After viewing the course contents, you complete a computer test to get the initial certification. You then contact SLTS for arranging a time to complete the 2nd portion of videos and hands-on instruction & testing.
Use the Contact Us page or give us a call to discuss what program would work for you.